TERMS OF WARRANTY
This warranty extends to any non-commercial Consumer, for personal, family or household purposes.
Manufactured and installed by Boat Manufacturer, other than specifically described below, are covered for (12) months from the date of delivery to the consumer, except the following which are not covered by a Boat Manufacture warranty:
- Bimini Tops or fabrics
- Vinyl or fabric that fades or discolors
- Engine installation when installed by others
- Gelcoat cracks, stars, blisters or Gelcoat fading or fiberglass.
TUBES AND TRANSOM
COMPONENTS NOT MANUFACTURED BY BOAT MANUFACTURER
The component parts not manufactured by Boat Manufacturer are individually warranted by their respective manufacturers and not by Boat Manufacturer. Applicable warranty policies or statements not delivered with the boat can be requested from Boat Manufacture’s Service Department for the following components:
- Engines or outboards and parts
- Hardware and lights
- Controls and steering components
- Fuel tanks or hoses
- Seats or components
- Bimini Tops
- Plastic Deck or Fiberglass Deck
FURTHER, THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO:
- Damage resulting from the use or storage of harmful solvents or cleaners, electrolysis by reversed polarity connections, use of improper anti-fouling paint or metal attachment to the boat.
- Damages due to accident, misuse, abuse, negligent operations, or acts of Nature.
- Boats used for racing purposes or boats that have been modified in any way.
- Use of motors larger than specified under the user manual or stamped on the boat.
BOAT MANUFACTURER’S RESPONSIBILITY
WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE
- Should a warranted defect occur within the warranty period, the consumer should immediately (in no event later than 30 days after the discovery of the defect) contact the dealer from whom the boat was purchased. The boat must be returned to the dealer from whom you purchased the boat to perform warranty repairs. In the event you are traveling or have moved to another location, notice may be given and the original Boat Manufacturer may perform warranty and or one of it’s authorized dealers.
- You must present your original sales receipt to the dealer to prove the boat is still under warranty.
- The authorized Boat Manufacturer and or dealer will examine the boat to determine if, in his opinion, a warrantable defect exists. If a warrantable defect exists, the dealer will, at its opinion, repair or replace the defect under “Boat Manufacturer’s Responsibility” above. If, in the dealer’s opinion, service is required at the factory, the dealer must obtain written authorization for Boat Manufacture’s Warranty Department. The boat(s) must then be returned to the Boat Manufacturer’s Warranty Department, prepared for transportation with all transportation charges prepaid by Consumer. Boat Manufacturer will, at its option repair or replace the defect as described under “Boat Manufacturer’s Responsibility” above. The boat will be returned to Consumer freight collect. This warranty does not cover transportation to the dealer or the manufacture, loss of time, loss of revenues, inconvenience or other incidental or consequential damages.
- Consumers will be asked to sign a warranty form to assure Boat Manufacturer that all warranty work has been performed.